Donald Trump has won the New Hampshire primary in 2024, defeating his last remaining rival for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley.
His victory means the race for the nomination is all but over, even if Ms Haley is not yet ready to end her campaign.
Mr Trump has a commanding lead in the polls and the upcoming states on the Republican primary calendar tilt more heavily in his favour than New Hampshire.
Joe Biden won the New Hampshire Democratic primary in 2024, despite not being on the ballot. His supporters in the state launched a write-in campaign for him, as the national party decided to move New Hampshire later in the calendar and not award any delegates based on the results.
Biden’s victory was seen as a sign of his strength and popularity among the Democratic voters, as well as a boost for his chances of winning a second term against Donald Trump.
Biden against Trump is coming again.
- Republican primary New Hampshire 2024:
- Donald Trump won the Republican primary with 54.8% of the votes, defeating Nikki Haley who got 43.6% of the votes.
- Trump secured 11 delegates, while Haley got 8 delegates. Trump’s victory was expected, as he had a strong lead in the polls and the state’s demographics favor him.
- Haley refused to drop out of the race, saying she will fight on in her home state of South Carolina.
- Democratic primary New Hampshire 2024:
- Joe Biden won the Democratic primary with 24.5% of the votes, despite not being on the ballot .
- Biden’s supporters in the state launched a write-in campaign for him, as the national party decided to move New Hampshire later in the calendar and not award any delegates based on the results.
- The two prominent Democrats on the ballot were Dean Phillips, who got 20.3% of the votes, and Marianne Williamson, who got 5.0% of the votes.
To amply information: